A premier Tree Service in Columbus providing year-round services for residential & commercial customers in central Ohio. The 1 Tree Service is a family owned & operated business. We are a professional & dependable service that specializes in tree & plant care. We are trained and equipped to provide you the proper tree care that you deserve. We take pride in the work that we do and guarantee that you will not be disappointed in our service. storm damage Tree trimming Stump grinding
Our company pays special attention to the details of every project to ensure the complete satisfaction of each client. Our goal is to enhance the exterior of your home, raise your property value, and beautify your whole neighborhood. (Picture below is of plants being covered by trash cans to protect them from falling limbs.)
Your satisfaction is our priority and we strive to provide a service that we are proud of. We start every project by providing a thorough consultation to understand your goals and the needs of the project & then providing you a detailed estimate with pictures & a area map with colorful pin on each idem. We do this to guarantee that the project is completed according to your preferences.
Unless our trees have problems, most people really don't fuss about them. As long as they're green, leafy, flowery, and fruity we let them be. When trees fail to leaf out in the spring or drop the leaves they have, when foliage turns brown before autumn, when trees lean, limbs/branches die, insects or diseases, when mother nature show us what she's made of, then suddenly our trees become the center of attention.
When it comes to tree care, some jobs are too big and too dangerous for home owners to take care of by themselves and we always recommend that you should hire a professional to do the job. Tree work is dangerous and very hard work, it's one of the most dangerous job in the United States and it's not something that should be handled by inexperienced people. Trees can get sick or be dangerous for many different reason, some things can be missed if you don't know what you're looking for, there are also numerous risky variables such as electrical wires, wildlife, landscaping, nearby fences, building or homes . Most people hire a tree service when a tree or trees looks sick, the tree or trees may need to be treated, trimmed or even removed. Working with trees can take time, certain equipment, and the experience and knowledge to avoid injuring people or property. And of course, hiring a tree service comes with its own set of risks. To make sure you get your money's worth and protect your interests, you need to ask your tree care professional these important questions and make sure you understand and agree with their answers.
1. Will they provide you with a copy of an up to date insurance certificate and worker comp certificate ? This should be your first and most important question this will ensure that they are properly insured and that you will not be liable for damage, accident or injuries.
2. Will they give you a written detailed estimate ? We recommend you get written estimates from three equal companies to compare prices and companies. Once you've done your research, choose the tree service that you are most comfortable with. But please keep in mind that going with the cheapest estimate might not be the best idea. Choose a quality, experienced tree company that passes your test.
3. Do they have any reviews or references that they could give you? If you find your own reviews online or get referrals from the company. Any quality company will be happy to share a list of satisfied customers. Ask for customers that they have done the past few month or so.
4. How will the job be approached and what equipment will they use? If they are going across your lawn, make sure they know the locations of sprinkler heads or other objects that may be damaged. Ask what is their policy if they damage your lawn, landscaping or something that is important to you. Do they use plywood to protect your lawn or will they fill the tire tracks with dirt and is what they say acceptable to you? Make sure you understand how they will clean up after the job.
5. How long will the project take? This is why getting an estimate is handy. One company might tell you 2 days while another company says 4hrs.
6. Do they use spikes to climb trees while pruning? Unless you're removing the trees, demand they not use spikes, which causes unhealthy wounds.
7. Do they advertise " topping"? This is another poor practice, particularly for large, healthy hardwood trees & would indicate that you should continue your search. Tree topping is the practice of removing whole tops of trees or large branches and/or trunks from the tops of trees, leaving stubs or lateral branches that are too small to assume the role of a terminal leader.
8. Will the crew be using hardhats and other personal protective equipment while on your property? The occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) requires that personal protective equipment be used for any tree care operation. A reputable tree care service will require their workers to be protected.
Welcome! Needing a Tree Removal, Stump Grinding or Tree Trimming. We also Specialize in Storm Damage & Emergency Insurance Work